Wednesday, October 17, 2001

Pakistan... as Rudyard Kipling

Friends,

Just wanted to give you all a heads up. I've been out of the "loop" considerably the last several weeks.

World events dictacte our complete involvement and time at work, which makes communication few and far between.

For the last several weeks, I've been preparing for a trip to Pakistan. I leave on Monday to spend ten days on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan to document the cuurent refugee situation and produce a news series detailing my travels. I've run across incredible luck finding a support system in Peshawar, Pakistan, and my station has agreed to finance my trip there.So that means for the next several weeks, I'll be near the war zone, and probably short on communication.

For those of you in Ottawa, Illinois, I am trying to work out a daily report with the newspaper, if I can find access to e-mail. I'm also trying to work out a teleconference with Ottawa High School students live via satellite phone when I'm in the country.

I'll have a full digest of my trip upon my return.

Until then.. Peace.

Kane

No comments: